WHAT YOU LEARN INSIDE ELAINE WELTEROTH TEACHES DESIGNING YOUR CAREER
1. Meet Your Instructor: Elaine Welteroth
- Elaine Welteroth is a journalist, writer, activist, and more—in other words, the ultimate multi-hyphenate. She shares how she built her dream career and how you can map out your own.
2. Uncover Your Zone of Genius
- Elaine teaches you how to draw from your early childhood interests to unearth the passions, talents, skills, and values that will form the foundation of a limitless career.
3. Build Your Career Blueprint
- Elaine offers a three-step framework to build the career of your dreams.
4. Build Your Network
- Relationships are everything. Elaine describes the mentors, friends, and family members who have guided her through her career and offers advice on how to build your own “board of advisers.”
5. Search for Opportunities and Side Hustles
- “Always be side-hustling.” That’s Elaine’s motto both in and outside of work. In this lesson, she teaches you how to carve out opportunities, even when you can’t quit your day job just yet.
6. Taking the Leap to Be Your Own Boss
- What are the questions you should ask yourself before venturing out on your own? This lesson is for creative entrepreneurs, side hustlers, and mid-career pivoters who are ready to take the leap.
7. Game Plan for Financial Confidence
- This lesson won’t teach you to build a traditional business plan. Instead, you will learn to harness your creative instincts when thinking about your finances and walk away feeling financially empowered.
8. Strategize Your Work-Life Balance
- Burnout is real. Elaine admits that she may not always be a master in self-care, but she offers the tricks that have worked for her.
9. Present Yourself for Opportunity
- Need help getting dressed for the job you want? Elaine’s got you.
10. Marketing: The Art of Putting Yourself and Your Work Out There
- In this lesson on marketing yourself, Elaine offers her tips and advice for building a vibrant presence on social media and beyond.
11. Building Your Team
- In this lesson on team building, Elaine teaches you to break the traditional mold when hiring, firing, and leading your team.
12. Essential Writing Skills
- Elaine teaches you how to defeat writer’s block and find your voice.
13. You’re Not an Imposter
- Everyone feels like an imposter sometimes. Elaine teaches you how to build your confidence and prevent the voices around you—and inside you—from discouraging your dreams.
14. Navigating Cancel Culture
- If you’re making boundary-breaking content, there’s a good chance you’re going to get canceled. Elaine describes the time she was dragged and how she bounced back.
15. Be the Boss of Your Own Life
- Believe in the unbelievable. Elaine shares the reason you should dream bigger: Sooner than you think, it really will come true.